Monday, May 2, 2011

"Natural Hair" Spill

GOING NATURAL?

OK! I HATE THE TERM "GOING NATURAL". I am sorry but I do, ALWAYS did! Even when I made the decision to lose the relaxer, for me it was like God-sent for many reasons and honestly I didn't even know such a thing was possible...stupid me and my small town syndrome! So, Yes! I am relaxer-free, so this gives me the right to say my piece....I am BEYOND over "the natural" trend, the obsession with "natural" hair etc, REASON BEING, Relaxer-Free hair should NOT be treated as a "thing to do", why?  If you are mid-late 80's baby/ 90's baby, you KNOW, we have grown up in a society, whose media has always directed the idea of beauty as, long, relaxed straight flowing sleek hair. Poufy FULL hair was not it. We all wanted this...
RIP Aaliyah
Much Loved. Never Forgotten.
BUT IT IS TRUE!
This especially goes for the small-med sized cities that do EVERYTHING that they are told to by people and media due to the lack of culture and original thought! Going "natural" is not only a physical transformation but it is also a mental one too. Believe it or not, trend or not, people ARE going to view you a bit differently, and the looks and stares change, whether its in admiration, confusion or that stank face people give, you know that...


Or the....

OR BETTER YET!!! The....

Yeah, it happens, and it WILL happen to you too. Fret not! People will also LOVE it! *breath*  But its true, adjusting your mind to the physical change can be abrupt and maybe uneasy, because you've always looked a certain way. Relaxer-Free hair is bigger than seeing a curly-do and saying "HEY, I want that!! I'm gonna grow my hair out" NEWSFLASH: Everybody's hair is different, so what you see on one head, will differ from yours and what works for me, may not work for you. Period. If you are a "flighty" person, save yourself the trouble, if it aint broke....
Smh


I'm certainly not saying that you should NOT "go natural" (regaining dignity lol), TURN BACK!! Because honestly relaxer-free hair IS gorgeous, and I mean hair with TEXTURE, there is NOTHING like it. It will do whatever you want it to do! Honestly. BUT! There is a catch....and I'm not one to lie, it WILL take effort and some work, and patience, TRUST! Especially if you do it on your own. Folks don't want to tell you that, but with such beauty, comes a price! "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" -Luke 12:48....BAhahahahaha! Did I just get biblical!?! THAT JUST HAPPENED! *Talladega Nights" LOL. I'm just kidding guys...I ALWAYS had a stylist in my head since I was 12, so I had not a single clue as to what my hair felt like or truly needed and I'm talking permed hair. The maintenance of my "natural hair" was (shamefully said) a little overwhelming. At one time, I used to FREAK at new growth, because it was SO strong and thick and then I do THIS to myself! 
LOL
Yes I Am a Relaxer-Free Dork too...deal with me.lol
Don't You just HATE when people do this to their photos!!
"I'm sorry...that is not cool."

A little Better.
(I really wanted to lowkey show-off my new nail polish from MAC, review & pics later)
Yeah...I could've brushed this hair out more but I was getting ready to go to bed..
WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAY lol!


OK I had more to say, but I forgot and this post is getting long, soooooooo hey! Like I said I am RELAXER-FREE...not "Going Natural" lol and BTW there were relaxer-free folk WAY before the Cahoot! So why is it such a big deal now, why does it have to be made known that your "natural"...really?... (lowkey) that gets annoying.

No Offense to anyone, but this picture is SO spankin funny
She should have picked a different girl to be in the face of the Press
LOL









No comments:

Post a Comment